The Mid-State Early Childhood Direction Center (ECDC) assist families and professionals in securing services that meet the needs of children with disabilities, birth through age five, by providing information and training about available service options and service delivery systems. The Mid-State ECDC is responsible for the following services:
- provide parents with an understanding of the preschool special education process.
- provide technical assistance to parents and professionals to facilitate timely evaluations and services for preschool children with disabilities
- improve the transition of children from early intervention (EI) to preschool special education (CPSE) and from preschool special education(CPSE) to school age education services (CSE);
- promote research-based instructional programs to improve outcomes for preschool children with disabilities;and
- promote greater access of preschool children to integrated special education settings.